"I've Had It"

Have you ever said this to yourself when you've worked hours & hours (and hours) on a painting and don't seem to be getting anywhere?  This has happened to me a lot!  In fact, I am working on a painting right now that I want to get critiqued & so I am working extra hard on it. A week ago I told myself that "I've had it!" with this painting. So, I decided to just not do anything with it and just let it "sit." The next day I looked at it and studied it again asking myself what I would think of it if I had never worked on it & it was someone else's painting. I was amazed at how revealing it was for me. I could see areas & colors that I could improve upon. I started with "fresh eyes" & altered my plan a little in different spots.  It's not perfect but I am the only one looking for perfection. So, give yourself a break, don't look at your painting for a day, and decide on your changes. Go for it!  You will be surprised at what you can do to make your painting work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment